Anniversary is a meaningful milestone that a couple celebrates. It is the moment that couple usually remember the beautiful start of their relationship. Celebrating anniversary sparks the relationship and renew splendid moments that they shared together over year. And it is also important as it creates new memories. Thus, there is no doubt that celebrating anniversary strengthens relationships.
Celebrating anniversary can be done from a very simple way to extravagant. If you’ve got money then why not do the latter. But whether it’s simple or extravagant it is always the thought that counts.
Although celebration is easy as it is told but it is very challenging for couples who are in long distance relationship.
Here’s 5 ways to celebrate anniversary for long distance relationship
- Be sure you are both available on that day. No matter how big the differences of your time zones set a particular time. Sacrifice your sleep or other activities and prioritize your celebration.
- Use the technology. Talk with you other half over phone or chat via Skype, Facebook, or other medium.
- Make it extra special. Set a dining table for two, prepare some foods, drinks and dressed up for the occasion. With that at least it makes you feel that day is different from the regular chat that you and your partner do regularly.
- Surprise each other with gifts. With internet, you can easily choose and even personalize anniversary gifts online. The good thing with this kind of services, mostly they offer the shipment and it will directly delivered to your other half’s door. Check Ferns N Petals for gifts ideas like the pillow below.
- Set you anniversary as a date to see each other. If you are both available on that day then why not set that day to see each other physically and celebrate your anniversary together. Nothing beats a celebration when you spend it with each other arm.
Although those are simple and common practice to many long distance couple but it will surely work. All you need to do is add more sparks, think about something that could enhance you relationship. You can check this blog post, “10 Ways to Spice Up Your Long Distance Relationship“. Always, always, and always find time to contact with each other and make some moves that make your relationship lasting.