Before you start a blog, think what is your goal or your purpose first. Is it just purely for fun, for showcasing your arts or your portfolio, collection of poems or lyrics, or whatever the reason is and earning through blog is not the main reason then you can start a blog in any different free blogging platforms like blogger.com and wordpress.com. Adding blog to any of these platform is easy; just explore and you`ll eventually learn.
However, if you want to get a passive income out from your blog then better invest time and money as you start. Here’s a concise step on how to start a blog.
- Think of a niche. It should be something that you are interested so that you will not ran out of ideas on what to post. Having a specific topic in your blog will let your follower know what they expect from your blog. You can also have a personal or general blog which you can add posts anything under the sun. But some advertisers prefer blog with a specific niche.
- Think of a title for your blog. It should be catchy and easy to remember; it should tell exactly what you will be blogging on that blog.
- Buy a domain name. Usually advertisers prefer blogs with their own domain name. You can choose .com, .net, .info to name a few. Dot com (.com) is the most popular but is the most expensive.I suggest that your title should also be in your domain name so that it will be easily remember. For example, if your title is “Blogger Goddess” then your domain should be bloggergoddess.com (in case you want the .com) and as possible make it short.
- Invest for a self-hosted blog. It’s like buying a web server space from a web hosting provider. There are individuals who offer web hosting services in a very reasonable price. But always choose reliable and affordable web hosting provider.
- Once your blog is up then you are ready to make your first post. Update it regularly, connect with other bloggers, and use networking sites to advertise your blog. Because earning through blog requires a good statistics. Meaning if your site has good traffic or you’ve got plenty of unique visitors then advertiser will choose your blog to promote their product or ask you to link their site.
Hope this will help you as you start your journey in the blogosphere.