Winter is here! It’s time for furs, fluffy stuff and layers of clothes to keep us warm. Some exciting activities for this season includes: snow boarding, skiing, tobboganing and more. We look forward for that, but we can’t deny that winter can be depressing because of short daylight and its cold weather that keeps us to stay inside most of the time.
But there’s no reason to keep us stay that way. You can do activities inside that will keep yourself occupy or busy. Other way is to bring summer into your room through decors.
5 Ways to Bring Summer Into Your Home
- Use paint that brightens up your room. I prefer white because it is easier to match with other decors and it could never go wrong partnered with different colors. But there are other options of colors too. If you are having hard time picking one check Pinterest, read magazines about home decor or simply go to your local home hardware and check color palette.
- Add indoor plants. It will surely bring life inside your room. But choose one that survives inside the house for long time.
- Put some fresh flowers in a vase. The colors and smell of flowers will surely bring your senses to summer-y feel. You don’t need expensive flower arrangement from a flower shops, grocery stores sells some fresh flowers too. Or opt for for plastic one though I don’t prefer it.
- Use linens with designs that gives you hint of summer like: flowers, birds, waves, sun and so on.
- Don’t forget to use flower curtains. Since curtains covers the window might as well use one that makes you feel the summer vibes. Also use sheer curtains to allow sun rays to pass through.
Those are simple and practical ways of bringing summer into your room. And you don’t need to hire an interior designer except if you want to splurge money to achieve a picture-perfect design for magazine shoot. But really, all you need is inspirations which you can get easily online. Just a rule of thumb, keep your design simple and choose decor that complements with each other.