Exciting discoveries are being made almost every single day on ways to speed up weight loss and how to keep it off for a long time. Although a number of diets and fitness schemes are introduced every day, an equal number of food discoveries are also being made by researchers and scientists that is not only cutting edge but also futuristic. Here’s proof that eating these five super foods will not only get you hooked on to for life but help you achieve your weight loss goals for years to come.
Image courtesy of Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
1) Goji berries. Goji berries have long been used in traditional Chinese medicine and have only recently been discovered by health food fanatics in their quest towards good health. These tiny super berries may appear small and insignificant but pack a mean health punch. Hard to believe, but these berries contain a great deal of protein and also very high levels of powerful antioxidants. In addition, they also contain an abundance of trace minerals such as calcium, zinc, germanium, copper, iron, phosphorus, and selenium. That’s not all; it is also packed with vitamin E and the entire range of B vitamins. When dried, Goji berries have the same texture as that of raisins with a bit of sweetness and tanginess. Goji berries can be consumed by the handful or blended into a trail mix of your choice for a wonderful super food snack that is not only tasty but also bursting with goodness.
2) Acai berries. Acai berries have a similar flavour to that of a blackberry but have a deep purple hue and a pleasant sweet, sharp taste. Considered to be one of the biggest and most popular super foods around the world, Acai berries give serious competition to Goji berries when it comes to nutrition. Without getting into the long list of plant chemicals and antioxidants that it contains, Acai berries are highly essential for good health. Blended into a smoothie, these berries make a wonderful supplement to one’s daily diet. Because of its short shelf life, it is not easily available in the fresh produce section of most supermarkets and hence go for frozen packets and store them in your deep-freezer for future use. Always remember to choose the purest and unadulterated option as far as possible, meaning without any food additives or sugar.
3) Pineapple. Pineapples have been around for centuries and have been a favourite with most people who love fruits. However only recently has it been discovered that there is more than just taste and flavour to this powerhouse of nutrients and antioxidants. However it is important to remember that like all fruits it also contains natural sugar and hence must be had in moderation. Whip up a healthy shake by tossing in a few slices of pineapples into your blender for a great afternoon snack. Pineapples also contain an important enzyme known as bromelain that is extremely effective in enhancing digestive troubles and also works as an anti-inflammatory agent.
4) Greek yoghurt. Considered to be a staple diet among the Greeks, Greek yoghurt has recently got the attention of good health seekers as health research indicates its importance in one’s daily diet. Opt for non-fat Greek yoghurt and eat it in whatever manner you fancy, either plain or with honey and cinnamon or seeds and nuts. A small 8 ounce serving can provide your body with over 20 g of pure protein aimed directly to your muscles.
5) Sweet potatoes. Considered to be one of the finest gifts from Mother Nature, sweet potatoes are filled with an important antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A by the body. Furthermore, when sweet potatoes are cooked, a particular enzyme in these root vegetable breaks down the starch present in it and converts it into maltose that lends the sweet flavour to the vegetable. Sweet potatoes are important in any diet meal as it is not only low in calories and contains abundant fibre parts also provides necessary beta-carotene for healthy eyesight, immunity and preventing specific types of malignant tumours.
This article is written on behalf of HCG Drops Shop, a weight loss diet store that helps people lose weight loss naturally and quickly.